Housing and New Build
Assistant Site Manager – £35,000-45,000 + Package
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Assistant Site Manager – Chelmsford
£35,000-45,000 + Package
Our client is a large main contractor that for over half a decade have built the company from a small family run house builder up to a large residential developer and main contractor building iconic residential projects ranging from 30 luxury units up to 500+ apartments on large scale regeneration and mixed use residential led projects, along with a range of exciting commercial, industrial, and community projects, having won awards across a multitude of sectors for their exceptional work quality, working environment, company ethos, and staff development.
They are best known for:
• Delivering quality developments
• Progressing from within
• Developing their staff
• Treating staff like part of the family
• Keeping its family run origins
Their business attributes its success to the brilliant individuals that make up the business, and believe their people are their biggest asset. On that basis they are looking for 2 Assistant Site Managers to join their business on a journey that will progress them to Site Manager, Project Manager and unlimited possibilities.
You will be based on the regions flagship development in Chelmsford, working with some of the companies most innovative and experienced production, commercial, and technical staff to help deliver a large concrete frame residential projects with over 400 apartments, community centre, office space, retail space, a leisure central, and acres of landscaped public areas with park land.
You will be responsible for managing subcontractors on site to deliver exceptional quality apartments both internally and externally, and begin a path that will teach you how to manage large developments on your own, whilst learning and overseeing health and safety, commercial, and design aspects.
The ideal candidate would have:
• At least 3 years’ experience as a Trainee Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager or above on residential developments
• Key experience in overseeing internal fit out and finishing, with aspirations to learn all aspects of the construction process
• A can do attitude, and the commitment to see through what you started
• Professional attitude and presentable demeanour
• Able to deal with people from all walks of life
• Ambition to progress to Site Manager and above
• Aspirations to work on award winning, innovative and diverse projects
• Energetic & Enthusiastic personality
• Great computer skills
• Able to work well under pressure
• Logical thinker that can solve problems
In return they can offer a competitive salary, and increase in your current basic earnings, benefits, and package. This includes a basic salary ranging from £40,000 up to £45,000 dependant on experience, a performance based bonus, top end company car, car allowance, or travel allowance, great pension benefits, healthcare, life assurance policy, and many other benefits; not to mention the great opportunities to progress within the company. They also promote personal development and learning, and can offer you training courses, college or university courses, and other educational avenues including day release learning to further progress your skills and knowledge.
If this sounds like the sort of opportunity that may be of interest to you, don’t hesitate! Apply with a copy of your CV and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the opportunity in further detail.