Housing and New Build
Materials Buyer - Regeneration Contractor
Materials Buyer - Regeneration Contractor - South East London- £35,000/£45,000 + a full benefits package
I am currently working in partnership with an industry leading social housing contractor / developer (new build) who are expanding aggressively across all regional offices but in particular throughout their London region. They are currently building over £600M worth of regeneration projects within the M25 with each project possesing exciting and complex elements - this being so they are seeking a strong Materials Buyer who can procure materials for large housing schemes.
This role is to be site based on an 1,500 unit multiphased project valued at over £260M in South East London - following the demolition of the existing 1000 unit estate the project will be running for c13 years providing a solid level of job security!
The procurement team is comprised of a Procurement Manager, 2 Senior Buyers and a number of more jnr Materials and Sub Contract Buyers.
This will be a hands on role where you will be expected to:
• Procuring brickwork, carpentry and sanitary materials
• Hiring plant eg. cabins, forklifts, fencing, cranes etc
• Compiling monthly reports on budgeting control on all materials
• Resolving supplier disputes
• Attending monthly meetings on site, reporting on procurement processes
• Support the estimating team with pre-tender quotations and resolve material specification issues
The successful applicant will have:
• good contacts and networks in place
• experience of working on large residential schemes
• experience of working on both volume projects
As previously mentioned this is a "nuts & bolts" position where you will be expected to take a hands on approach; taking full responsibility for the material purchasing for your own projects - you will also be expected to be able to read from construction drawings in order to do so.
If you would be interested in the above role please apply or send your CV in to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential chat about the position.