Housing and New Build
Surrey, United Kingdom
13 January, 2017
Senior Estimator – Residential Developer – Surrey - £75,000 + package
We are currently working in partnership with the highly established residential developer, and their Surrey based office. They are looking to bring in a Senior Estimator to take over from their two current Senior Estimators when they move on later this year.
You will be working alongside them, effectively in a six-month hand over period, learning how the office runs on a daily basis until they both move on, one in March and the other in the latter stages of the year, leaving you to head the Estimating department in this office.
You will have full control over building your own team, being responsible for bringing in your own assistants to work under you.
They currently produce c500 units per year and their office is diverse, taking on a wide range of projects, from high end RC frame residential blocks in South West London, to bespoke luxury homes further out into Surrey. They are also involved in large infrastructure consortium projects too which you will also be involved in.
- Provide accurate budgets/cost plans
- Provide a detailed take-off and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Conquest Estimating software package
- Work on
traditional Plan and Specification, Design and Build of Partnered Contracts
- Obtain competitive prices for materials and sub-contract packages
- Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Prepare tender build-ups for internal adjudication and carry out adjustments where necessary
- Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
- Discuss the client’s requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
- Working alongside the Land team helping on site purchase
Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating
(including taking-off) and H&S.
- Management skills: basic programming, planning, compiling reports.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing: Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Driving license holder with own car
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
Please click apply, add Tom Skevington on Linkedin or email email@example.com to find out more.
+44 (0) 20 3740 3304
9:00 - 17:30